1997 chevy k3500 dually rear leaf springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trucker2k15

Reaction score
Hello everyone im new to this page.
Ok i have a 1997 chevy k3500 dually my rear leaf springs are shot im replaceing them i currently have the 5-1 6 leaf springs with the overload. Dayton has 22-797hd that is 5-1 6 leaf 3 1/4 inch thickness 6 1/2 free arch 3000 lb rating then they have the 22-797xhd which is 7-1 8 leaf 3 7/8 inch thickness 5 3/4 free arch 3300 lb rating. My question is if i go with the 8 leaf ones will i still have the same height as i do now or will it lower or raise the back of the truck? No im not wanting to ride around like a $@!÷ boy or clitter chigger . Yes i understand that it would make it stiff and ride rough which doesn't bother me as i drive semi trucks which tend to be rough
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It will raise the rear, but it shouldn't be significant. My truck came with that leaf pack and rode like ****, but it also didn't have a bed back then either. At a minimum it will raise the back by the thickness of the additional springs themselves.

Trucker2k15

Reaction score
It will raise the rear, but it shouldn't be significant. My truck came with that leaf pack and rode like ****, but it also didn't have a bed back then either. At a minimum it will raise the back by the thickness of the additional springs themselves.
Thanks for the info i went ahead and got the 6 leaf 3000 lb ratings to save the hassel figured its be better to go with the same leaf count and thickness the 8 just sounded like a bad idea due to thickness. And didnt want a 5/8 difference with a 3/4 inch less arch.