1993 GMC timing wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SKFengineer

Reaction score
Simple question... I'm looking for tan wire that needs to be disconnected to check the timing. I looked where I thought is was located but I don't see it. Anyone know where the connection is so I can disconnect and check my base timing.

Truck is a 1993 C1500 with a TBI 305

Thanks

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should be on the firewall buy the coolant overflow

You must be registered for see images attach

I think they changed it to under the glovebox in 94 or 95

Last edited:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes its under the plastic cover on the passenger side firewall on 88- early 94's and inside under the glove box on late 94's and all 95's.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
For future reference

Richard

SKFengineer

Reaction score
So I went out and dug around in the wire shield to find the tan wire and there it was, wrapped in the OEM cover, tape and tucked away. 200,000 miles and no one has ever touched this thing to check the timing. I don't have an issue right now either but I'm going to pull the intake this winter to repair a leaky gasket so I wanted to confirm the timing and get a baseline before removing the dist.

Thanks again.

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine has 239k and the wire was still wrapped too. And the guy I got it from said he thought someone changed the motor out.

Mine was idleing really rough, when I checked it it was set at 23 degrees advanced with it unpluged, with it plugged in it was idleing around 45degrees.

unplugged it, set it to 0 degrees and it runs great now.