1993 1500 4wd to 2wd.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1LEG

Reaction score
1993 1500 4wd to 2wd.

Ok I have removed the front third member. I have not removed the axle sub-shafts yet from the front spindles. Want to know if I need to keep these shafts installed for the hub cassettes to stay together.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Yes if you remove them your hubs will blow apart.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
^^^^ What he said, if you drive it with them out, the wheel bearings will separate.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I was gonna ask this^^^ but i saw that it was already done and was just gonna keep my mouth shut.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I don't ever keep my mouth shut

1LEG

Reaction score
I inherited this truck when my Dad died about 4 year ago. I cannot get rid of the truck sisters would disown me; it is too much work and money to keep on the road so it will never see the street again. The body is in good shape but the chassis has every bolt rusted tight. I have wanted to build another drag car for a few years now so it kind of makes since to go ahead and use what I have. I would have preferred a 2wd truck (actually a car) but that is not what I have. Maybe someday when I have the money/time I will find a 2wd chassis to put under it or I might just go with a lighter weight mustang 2 front suspensions. I have access to a machine shop so I will have the sub-shafts turned down to take some weight off them then reinstall. I should have some coil-over shock early next week. Once I have something going I’ll post some pictures. But basically building it for bracket racing if I get it to run in the low 12’s I’ll be happy. Going to run the stock small block (I know it won’t run 12s with this motor) until I can get another motor built(have a short block to rebuild on the engine stand). Going to run a TH350 trans already have a locker in the rear with the stock 3.42 gears.
Right now I’m working on gutting everything and switching to Holley carb and HEI distributer. Then going to get the trans done with a shift kit and 2500 stall converter. Install coilover shocks in front and lowing. I know this thing will be slow at first but I’m on a tight budget and I need to build a trailer, got some trailer axels for free.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm telling you right now that it will take you a decently built engine to get these trucks in the low 12s. Ask me how I know!