1992 350 tbi bad idle, crank sensor pulse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El_Coyote

Reaction score
No no, it's definitely TBI, not a quadrajet carburetor. I can tell one thing from another. And there's not that much of older american engines here, it's exotic :)
Yeah, i am from Russia, and such cars here are often a mess, run to death, rusty, beaten and suffering from a bad service. Mine is not, at least now, at least i am trying :) Previous owner tried too, started, but didn't manage to finish.

And what about the friends with similar engine to swap distributor, no luck. As i said it's rather rare rides here, not popular because of taxes for hp and fuel consumption. These cars are for enthusiasts who are not afraid to get their hands dirty. All my friends drive newly built hatchbacks :)

Thank you!

shamrock246

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No no, it's definitely TBI, not a quadrajet carburetor. I can tell one thing from another. And there's not that much of older american engines here, it's exotic :)
Yeah, i am from Russia, and such cars here are often a mess, run to death, rusty, beaten and suffering from a bad service. Mine is not, at least now, at least i am trying :) Previous owner tried too, started, but didn't manage to finish.

And what about the friends with similar engine to swap distributor, no luck. As i said it's rather rare rides here, not popular because of taxes for hp and fuel consumption. These cars are for enthusiasts who are not afraid to get their hands dirty. All my friends drive newly built hatchbacks :)

Thank you!

That's good,If you do a tune up try to use AC/DELCO stuff if you can get it over there Amazon has it.If you replace the ignition pickup make sure you clean off all the old heat sink compound and use new compound when installing the new pickup.

The previous post all have good advice let us know how you make out.

El_Coyote

Reaction score
Guys, i think i've found it!

Pickup coil was ok actually, and i was at a loss, once again. While waiting for finally get paid, i was solving other problems. One is with wipers. Ground pin on wipers motor shows 10.5 volts dc :D
There's nothing new with it, i've seen this already in this car, in my right headlight. Ground was connected direct to power. Russian service, that's ok. I started to look for wipers grounding point, and found it in manuals, G106. I looked for it under the hood, and coudn't find any. It's somewhere else, connected to power. Due to manual, there are also abs module, abs switch, a/c compressor, and OXYGEN SENSOR connected to this grounding point, and they all are faulty! A/C blinks on the screen, abs check lamp quickly blinks, wipers don't work, yep.
Something tells me, that engine can work in such severe way if oxygen sensor is connected to 12 and to 10.5 volts simultaneously.