1991 Running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck sat for 5 days and started truck and turned on lights. The daytime running lights didnt work at all, headlights were fine. Cycled light switch a couple times, and checked fuse. After about 5 min idling they suddenly came on, I didnt touch anything. This sound like a stuck relay, or bad light switch?

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was your parking brake partially engaged. On my 1997 if I breathe on the parking brake pedal, my lights turn off, not sure if its the same on the older half of the generation.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
91 shouldn't have DRLs....
If you mean the parking lights were acting up, it's probably the switch.
parking lights same as daytime running lights? The light switch is very loose on the right side. Must just be the switch. I think there is also a relay for this too. Wondering if anyone had this exact issue before.

How difficult is the light switch to replace on a 91?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, parking lights are usually the first position past off, headlights are the second. DRLs come on as headlights without the other lights on GMT 400s, but I'm pretty sure that didn't start until 96.

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seen some 91 trucks with running lights, they were w/t fleet vehicles like the city or county used.