1990 ext cab step side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Reaction score
Bought the truck for $ 900.00
It's a 5.7 with automatic transmission
went for a safety inspection and it passed
has 300,000 kilometers (186,000 miles)
truck still has original lower ball joints ( riveted on )
bonus was everything on truck works ( power windows,locks,air conditioning )
needed interior trim pieces
and for some reason previous owner put gas tank in truck bed and even removed the frame bracket to hold the gas tank
the body is in rough shape, but nothing that can't be fixed
going to a salvage yard to see what I can find

Last edited:

rocket

Reaction score
installed a 3" body lift and new tires and rims,installed front bar and driving lights, airaid tbi spacer and 3" exhaust front to back
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

rocket

Reaction score
went to salvage yard found inner door panels, dash trim and the bracket to mount the gas tank back where it belongs under the bed of the truck
also scored a couple of parts off of newer style k1500 ( pillar grab handle and various other little things I'll have to retrofit to make it work, door panels are also from a newer style truck so will have to make brackets on door for them to work
Installed JL audio speakers in dash as well as a pioneer 12" sub, amplifier and cd player, might be getting rid of 12" for two 10" instead so I can mount them under the rear seat instead
Blacked out roof marker lights, painted the mirrors black and installed vent visors ( avs )
couldn't find a tailgate so went with a tailgate net
will take pics as soon as girlfriend arrives with her camera
Future plans include suspension lift,front clear lights
rear euro lights, spray in bed liner
cold air intake,back up lighting for night time driving

Last edited:

rocket

Reaction score
Okay so finally got the gas tank back under the truck, pain in my @$$, installing new straps when there's no old ones to copy the bends and laying on the ground outside with traffic zooming by. Previous owner lost everything bolts, nuts, brackets, etc ....
Painted roof marker lights with shading spray
Painted both mirrors black ( one was chrome and other flat black )
Installed a set of lights to help when I reverse at night
Next is wiring for hitch and hitch brake
Going to order a 6" RCX lift this week, but it's going to be a while before it gets installed.
Gotta fix everything else on truck first cause once it's installed I won't be able to park it in the underground parking anymore lol
Girlfriend should be coming back out in three weeks and this time she won't forget her camera, so no pics yet of new repairs or parts installed.

Last edited: