1990 chevy cheyenne driveshaft length with a 700R-4(4L60) tranny???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

naphidim

Reaction score
was wondering what the driveshaft length is in a 1990 chevy cheyenne with a 4L60(700R-4), THE 30 SPLINE DRIVESHAFT, not the 27 spline.

i have a munci/getrag 290 5 speed manual in it right now(stock tranny), thinking of throwing the 4L60(700R-4) tranny in it but need to know the driveshaft length with a 30 spline rear driveshaft.

I know that same year make and model was also made with the 4l60(700R-4) tranny, but the truck i have now has the other option(MG5) muncie/getrag 290 5 speed w/overdrive.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and please only helpful replys, or at least positive ones, if u got something negative to say go to another thread no one needs that crap, thanx again

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's gonna be hard info to find out I think..I never had good luck finding what driveshaft goes to what. The only place I know to get close, is car-part.com. Put in all your info, search drive shaft. It will tell you all the options you need to know. Still, might be an inch too long or short. Best way I have found is stick in the transmission and use a tape on it, then hit the local salvage yards. hope that helps.