1988 k1500 summit stock replacement headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
SUM-G9014 doesn't have A.I.R. provision and they have a bung for the O2 sensor. The hole isn't drilled into the pipe for it so they can fit the later trucks too.

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder how well round port headers mate with "D" port heads?

Some prefer a step at the bottom(head into header) of the port for anti-reversion. The C4 corvette changed the exhaust port to D with 113 head and GM didn't change the shape of the manifold, not that they fit the previous shape or D ports good anyway.

Just depends on what your app is, some prefer perfect size match and alignment for their use. Also just because you have two round holes the same size don't mean they line up when just bolted together.

Sides the 3 or 4 sets of cheap ebay headers(And some other cheap brand headers that just get a name and price increase) I've seen are a tall ovals prob to help with alignment with various head ports and flaws from production.

Then again they are just shorty headers