12200411 (411) PCM swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, its a pretty easy mod all due considering. very worthwhile especially if you want to do your own tuning.

jonny

Reaction score
will any 80 pin connectors work with the chevy express van computer?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, I believe any of the 80 pin connectors themselves will work, but you NEED the red and blue connector retainers for them (the green and other color retainers won't work on the 411 PCM, so if you have connectors with the green/other colored connectors, you should be able to switch them to the red/blue retainers)

Melvin Sheik

Reaction score
Could some one help with or where to go to get the spread sheet showing from where to where each wire goes to from the black box to the new red/blue connector of the 411. New to this swap thing and am some what uneasy about it all but sure willing. All help is sure appreciated.

amsterdam96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plethora of information here, is Aloicious. Still around? Sorry to revive an old thread.
I suspect something is wrong with my PCM/ ECM (I've got electronic fuel injection).
My truck is from '93 however and still has the computer in the glove-box. The computer I've got also isn't the stock one. I might look into get an OBD I / pre OBD compatible scanner & the software to diagnose my injection problems.
If this doesn't pan out does anyone know where I could find a stock ECM/PCM that's fine with a 502 instead of a 454. In the sense that I'd be able to run a swapped engine (still a GM engine & not too dissimilar from the 7.4l) with carbureted injection & just have the PCM controls the powertrain & other electronic components.
Thanks in advance,
Merle

Last edited: