00 CCSS K2500 "Helga"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine have also quit working as well in the front of my ccsb and if you figure it out I’d like to know the cause as well. I used a tester and there’s definitely no power at the dome light. I wonder if it’s common on these trucks?
I don't know. I've not heard much about it in the past.

Maybe I'll get the chance to pull the interior this summer and troubleshoot it.

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the poor truck has been waiting while my wife went back to school. Now I'm trying to get it back in better shape.

I replaced the rag joint in the steering shaft which really helped the way it drives.

I had to ditch my 285's for some sad C rated 265's I picked up for $100 to get it through inspection last year. It needs new tires and an alignment.

It looks like my crank position sensor is leaking and the oil filter adapter are both leaking profusely.

The dome light is still not working but it's low on my priority list at the moment.

I did also put some LED backup lights in it. They're really nice compared to the originals.

I've also have a Kenwood TM-D710Ga Ham radio to go in it. I've got to figure out how to get the power leads through the fire wall. I'm running a through the glass antenna I've had on it for years now with decent results. It's not the best and I know that, but it works ok.

I NEED all new grommets and o-rings for the PCV valve, PCV vent tube and oil filler tube. Does anyone have part numbers for those or a good suggestion on where to find them?

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh yeah, 298K miles on the old girl now.

I always wanted a classic truck, never realized I'd be growing one myself.....

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a way to charge the front end over to slip on rotors vs having to pull the wheel bearings to change them?