‘95 5.7 runs poorly when warm. I’m reducing myself to being a parts-changer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been told that TPS and IACV frequently go out around the same time. I guess if they're original or really old, the solution is to replace both? I've not been able to afford to do that on either truck though....
Hard to tell since the truck was parked TWELVE YEARS AGO because it was running poorly then. I’ve only had it for about six weeks and the problems were already there.

Nw2000

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mentioned that your truck still has a slight stumble off the line. If I were you I would go ahead and get a throttle body rebuilt kit and check fuel pressure. A few years ago I replaced my 305 tbi with a 350 tbi and turns out the issue with stumbling and hesitation had to do with one of my fuel lines leaking which reduced fuel pressure. I don’t drive it a whole lot so I never got around to it but now that it’s fixed it runs like a completely different truck.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mentioned that your truck still has a slight stumble off the line. If I were you I would go ahead and get a throttle body rebuilt kit and check fuel pressure. A few years ago I replaced my 305 tbi with a 350 tbi and turns out the issue with stumbling and hesitation had to do with one of my fuel lines leaking which reduced fuel pressure. I don’t drive it a whole lot so I never got around to it but now that it’s fixed it runs like a completely different truck.
Shoot… Guess I should have updated. I’ve since replaced EVERYTHING that reports to or is controlled by the ECU. I also rebuilt the throttle body and replaced the injectors. Everything seems to run properly now. So it’s time to tinker and see how much worse I can make it…