Z71 rearend question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyrodder

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I found a light duty 2500 today while at work and I left my number with his son, hopefully he calls me and interested in selling parts. truck looks like it rolled over.

Last edited:

skyrodder

Reaction score
so is the 14 bolt as wide as the z71 rearend? I need it as wide because the lift spindles are going to make the front wheels stick out

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
so is the 14 bolt as wide as the z71 rearend? I need it as wide because the lift spindles are going to make the front wheels stick out

I believe the 14 bolt is a little wider than the z71 rearend because i was thinking about putting one on mine someday to match the front track width. Someone correct me if wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Full float 8 lug 14 bolts are wider by about an inch on each side I believe but semi-float 6 lug 14 bolts are the standard 1/2 ton 4x4 width.

A knuckle lift for a 2wd won't widen your front track width enough to look that much different than a 4x4 rear end like a knuckle lift for a 4x4 would.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe the 14 bolt is a little wider than the z71 rearend because i was thinking about putting one on mine someday to match the front track width. Someone correct me if wrong.

Your front track width is the same as it was from the factory since the RCX lift is a full drop kit and not a knuckle kit so your front and rear widths are the same... (someone correct me if I'm wrong). There's no need for you to have a wider rear end to have to match a wider front since your front is no wider than it was before your lift.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Your front track width is the same as it was from the factory since the RCX lift is a full drop kit and not a knuckle kit so your front and rear widths are the same... (someone correct me if I'm wrong). There's no need for you to have a wider rear end to have to match a wider front since your front is no wider than it was before your lift.

The front track width is ~1.5" wider than the rear from the factory. Also, typically with a lift you change wheels to something with different offset/backspacing, changing track width

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The front track width is ~1.5" wider than the rear from the factory. Also, typically with a lift you change wheels to something with different offset/backspacing, changing track width

Ah I see... learn something new everyday. Different wheels will change width both front and rear though so no real need for rear spacers unless you're running a knuckle lift that widens the hell out of the front like Fabtech's does.