***Your HID Questions Answered Here.***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to be ordering my HID's (5000k) next week. I am a idiot when it comes to wiring. If anyone wants generally explain installing these, go ahead! I'm going to watch some youtube vid's to see if I can't get it down.

Most of yall are ordering the relay harness for our obs trucks right?

Anyone have a preference on best place to buy based on the 3 stores mentioned in the original post?

Also, will my high beams still work? They just won't be HID's? Thanks for any help guys..

Griffin

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to be ordering my HID's (5000k) next week. I am a idiot when it comes to wiring. If anyone wants generally explain installing these, go ahead! I'm going to watch some youtube vid's to see if I can't get it down.

It's really simple and self-explanatory.
Figure out where you want your ballasts.
Plug the wires that originally plugged into the stock bulb into the ballasts.
Plug the ballasts into the HID bulbs.
Put the HID bulbs into the headlamp housings.

Also, will my high beams still work? They just won't be HID's? Thanks for any help guys..

Yes, they'll work, but if you don't have a hi-4 setup you'll be tearing up your HIDs.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been using DDM Tunning's $30 raptor kit, they take about 2 weeks to come in though, they drop ship them from China instead of sending them from San Diego like they used to.

jdixon74

Reaction score

Anyone have a preference on best place to buy based on the 3 stores mentioned in the original post?

Griffin

If your putting them in a Chevy/GMC make sure you get the Relay Harness along with the HID Kit.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Griffin

Like 1Badgmc said, it's pretty straight forward installing them. Pretty much plug n play. As far as where to buy them, i bought mine from a seller on Ebay named 2453dee, they're 35W Xentec Slim HID's in 5000K. They ship EXTREMELY fast (from California to my door step in 3 days from the end of the auction), the HID kit is good quality too! They have fast warm up times (3-4 seconds to full brightness) compared to what I've read about other HID kits, they also have a metal mounting bracket as well so I also really liked that feature! I would recommend doing the 4-High mod as well, with HID's and the 4-High you really get a lot better light output!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. I don't want to "tear up" anything, so I will just refrain from using my hi-beams. I'm sure that the HID's on low beam will be even brighter than my crappy silverstar halogens on high beam. I hate my halogens right now. They just market them to try and reel idiots in (me) to believe that they're what I really wanted. They're not. Not until I got on here and did some research did I notice I needed HID's... So yeah, I'll just stick with the low beams and then order the high beams next, which will require a whole separate ballast, relay and everything correct?

I went ahead and bought a new battery today so the HID's will have plenty of power. That's the whole point of the relay harness right?? So they run more off the battery? They won't heavily run down my battery or anything I should be worried about?? Let me know your thoughts guys. I'm gonna do some quick shopping and figure out what I want and await info about them running down my battery. Thanks for the help, It's greatly appreciated.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, I re- read about the relay harness and it seems that they require less energy on the battery than my freaking halogens do now. All I really know is I want nothing crazy, just 35w 6000k HID's. They all seem to be right around $35-37...