***Your HID Questions Answered Here.***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Me too.

Would you get faster warm-up times with an OEM ballast? How hard would it be to make a harness for this?

Yes some current OEM ballasts and bulbs would give you instant-on and more certain reliability but for hundreds of dollars. In the end you're still going to have an imperfect setup with HIDs in non-HID housings. It's not worth paying 1000% more just to have instant-on. I only have HID lowbeams, so the warm-up times don't really bother me any. If it ever gets to the point that you can have instant-on HIDs for under $75, maybe then I'll do HID highs as well.

95ukawn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so im getting some hids for my yuke and im getting the 35w 4500k with the relay that youre recommending, but thats whats kinda keeping me back from buying, im stupid when it comes to wiring stuff so how hard is it to wire up the relay for the hid's? and what kit and relay do i need exactly? this is what im choosing the let me know if this is correct and if im missing anything ---- APEXCONE RAPTOR HID KIT 35W - bulb size: 9006 (for lows correct?) - 4500k color - and HID dual in/ dual out harness.... i also have stock headlight housing but upgrading to elegantes in the futre

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm a wiring 'tard myself. I'm doing good to wire up a pair of speakers. As long as you're buying a pre-made relay harness like what DDM sells, it's all plug-n-play. No wiring involved.

Static 90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is simple to install the relay harness. I installed two last night- one for lows and one for highs. I plugged in the factory light plugs to feed the harness, then the harness out to my HID ballasts.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting...

DDM Tuning said:
Due to currency exchange rates and increased transportation costs, the price of all HID kits will be rising by $5.00 per kit, effective January 1st. We hope that the economic and political situation in this country will change in the coming months to strengthen the US Dollar and allow us to return to our current sales pricing.

It's only $5, so it's not a huge deal. I'd pay an extra $10 per kit if they'd include some actual ballast brackets instead of that worthless double-sided tape BS.

This is interesting too...

DDM Tuning said:
For many years we have focused our efforts on lowering the cost of popular upgrades for BMWs and for HID lighting. While we will continue that mission, we are moving into a new phase at DDM Tuning where we will be greatly enlarging our marketing of LED products. Over the next few weeks we will be adding new sections to our website that will focus not only on automotive applications for LEDs, we will be adding many off-road products to support our large base of 4-Wheeler, ATV, buggy and agricultural customers. Additionally we will also ramp up our home based and architectural lighting products. In other words, we intend to do for LED products and pricing what we did for HIDs.

Chad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have slim ballasts, high and low beams and on my passenger side my lights don't come on the first time i turn them on. i will turn them on and off and eventually they will work. can you tell me whats going on? my low beams eventually started working right, but my high still wont come on.