***Your HID Questions Answered Here.***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright cool thanks for the info guys. Maybe I'll just go with LEDs or CCFL lights then, or wait until I have the cash to pay someone to do it right.

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so I scanned this thread roughly and don't hate on me if it was already answered (lot of pages on this thread) is their any way to make the day time running lights work with a HID kit installed? I installed a kit I had laying around with a set of new 9005s (high beams/DRLs) and the high beams work no problem but the DRLs wont work. will the relay harness fix the problem? was looking at this harness http://www.hidcanada.com/collections/hid-products/products/hid-relay-wiring-harness pretty sure its the same as you explain as a relay harness.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The problem is that CodeRed26 is in Canada. DRLs are required by law there on all vehicles imported after January 1, 1990. On pre-'96 GMT-400 trucks sent to Canada, the DRLs run on the highbeams instead of the lowbeams like the '96+ trucks, so that's the issue he's dealing with.

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is that CodeRed26 is in Canada. DRLs are required by law there on all vehicles imported after January 1, 1990. On pre-'96 GMT-400 trucks sent to Canada, the DRLs run on the highbeams instead of the lowbeams like the '96+ trucks, so that's the issue he's dealing with.
this is very correct so my main question now would be can I wire up a different set of small lights to the old high beam harness so that I would have DRLs its not so much that the law wants me to have them (I live in Alberta our vehicle standards are almost non existent lol) but rather I would personally like to have them running

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
this is very correct so my main question now would be can I wire up a different set of small lights to the old high beam harness so that I would have DRLs its not so much that the law wants me to have them (I live in Alberta our vehicle standards are almost non existent lol) but rather I would personally like to have them running

Can your DRL's be turn signals or only headlights?

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can your DRL's be turn signals or only headlights?
not totally sure what you mean but I have LED turn signals so that wouldn't really work what I was thinking is grab a set of cheap lights and place them in the grille on each side and tap them into the highbeam headlight harness

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
not totally sure what you mean but I have LED turn signals so that wouldn't really work what I was thinking is grab a set of cheap lights and place them in the grille on each side and tap them into the highbeam headlight harness

On NBS Chevy's, the DRL is next to the signal light - would this be legal for Canada?

You must be registered for see images

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
On NBS Chevy's, the DRL is next to the signal light - would this be legal for Canada?

You must be registered for see images

it should be legal but like I said its not really for legal reason I want them more for personal liking (in alberta no s are really given about veihcles because we are a farming province) the problem is I cant run them to my signals because mine are leds
You must be registered for see images attach

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
That's funny cause I've removed the DRL on all my friends GMT800 trucks and made it a turn signal so they operate like a 400 lol.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.