***Your HID Questions Answered Here.***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Got my Retrofit projector kit from TRS and I am wanting to fit them in my oem housing, I cant get the oem housing off for the life of me. 15mins in the oven at 270 didn't even budge lense, I want to keep OEM housing for the oem look.
I understand wanting to keep an OEM look, but projectors behind faceted OEM housings? I don't think you're going to get the performance you're after with the retrofit. My opinion anyway.

Richard

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Got my Retrofit projector kit from TRS and I am wanting to fit them in my oem housing, I cant get the oem housing off for the life of me. 15mins in the oven at 270 didn't even budge lense, I want to keep OEM housing for the oem look.
I agree here completely. I would do a clear chrome housing OEM replacement light like TYC or something high quality
I understand wanting to keep an OEM look, but projectors behind faceted OEM housings? I don't think you're going to get the performance you're after with the retrofit. My opinion anyway.

Richard
And this is why ^

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Richard
I agree here completely. I would do a clear chrome housing OEM replacement light like TYC or something high quality

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

I gave up, I actually screwed up my headlights (cracked the housing), so I sold the projector kit. Bought some brand new GM oem headlights, and ordered your basic 9006 hid kit with 4300k bulbs off trs. I never thought about the faceted lense making a difference. The clear looks somewhat cheap IMO.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep I think it's worth it
Won't get yellow
N for people that like that look
I wish they gas the glass OEM ONES soul totally buy them ASAP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Word of warning, email that seller and make absolutely sure they're glass before you order. I've seen several plastic sets on eBay marketed as glass.

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I scanned this thread and maybe someone already answered this but I didn't see it. Does anyway know if they make headlights that are "HID ready", meaning that it will be "done the right way" without having to retrofit anything into my headlights? I personally don't like my stock headlights so I'd rather not buy new housings and then immediately start tearing them apart to install projectors.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey I scanned this thread and maybe someone already answered this but I didn't see it. Does anyway know if they make headlights that are "HID ready", meaning that it will be "done the right way" without having to retrofit anything into my headlights? I personally don't like my stock headlights so I'd rather not buy new housings and then immediately start tearing them apart to install projectors.

There might be local companies that could do it for you. You could also order the housings and send them to a company that does it for you for a price. Won't be cheap (hundreds of dollars) but it will look good. I might be doing halos from LED Concepts on my next truck but its $400 just for the kits. No installation or anything.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No matter what you'll almost surely end up modifying the core support as people that have done retrofits have discovered. There's just not enough room for everything to fit.

I had to open up the core support and rear portion of the headlight brackets on my truck just so LED headlights would it, nevermind trying to fit a projector housing in there without a little surgery.

Richard