Y pipe on sm465 4x4???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldmoby89

Reaction score
I have an 89 k2500 eclb 4x4. Truck has a 5.7 and 465 combo. I just ordered flowtech afterburner headers and was getting ready to order the matching your pipe when I thought about the fit up on this truck. Will these fit with the manual transmission? Bellhousing? Linkage? Etc. Also I understand these are not the best headers on the market but this is a stock engine that will never be built more than bolt ons and it is also a work/ play truck only not a daily driver. I was just curious if anyone had used this combo of exhaust components on a similar drive train setup??

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have shorty headers or tubular manifolds. Factory y-pipe with and 5 speed. I have no clearance issues st all. Looking at the afterburner headers the look like long tube headers. I'm not sure that they would work with a y-pipe or at least an unmodified one. However, the folks at flowtech should be able to answer any questions you have about exhaust fitment. I would call them before I was balls deep in exhaust parts then have to buy more or modify what I have.

Oldmoby89

Reaction score
I have shorty headers or tubular manifolds. Factory y-pipe with and 5 speed. I have no clearance issues st all. Looking at the afterburner headers the look like long tube headers. I'm not sure that they would work with a y-pipe or at least an unmodified one. However, the folks at flowtech should be able to answer any questions you have about exhaust fitment. I would call them before I was balls deep in exhaust parts then have to buy more or modify what I have.

Im with ya there. The afterburner is (from what I have understand from there website) a mid length header and I was made to work with there y pipe. I will definitely reach out to them at the beginning of the week was just eager to get everything ordered and on the way. Thank you for your reply. Hopefully some others that possibly have these can chime in.