wtb t-56 within the next month or so

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowandloud91

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
im guna swap to a t-56 and looking to buy one within the next month, as well as required parts such as, slave cyl, clutch pedal, etc.

would prefer one that operated as it should before removed.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found mine on an LT1 or Fbody forum. I want to say like LS1tech, or LS1LT1 or something like that. since the one you're looking for came from an Lt1 fbody, thats the most likely place you'll find one. it'll suck to have to ship it. but they're not common locally in my area. if you have someone that can ship it. here is a good fairly economical way to do it without having to go with freight and you'll be able to ship it with just regular UPS, (its BARELY under the weight and size limit this way):
http://www.tick-performance.com/tickshift/shipping/

I'd get the slave and master and line new, rock auto, summit, or local parts stores should have them

the pedal setup is going to be hard to find, look around your local junkyards and craigslist for part outs. also check e-bay, I got one setup off there.

lowandloud91

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey thanks for all the info

I figured itd be a slim chance that someone on here would have one they don't want, but just in case I asked. I thought about going to an f body forum, but haven't yet. I'll proly have to resort to that tho

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wouldn't hurt to look around craigslist and go to some local swap meets or something.

lowandloud91

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya we dont have many swap meet around here. we have one good one every year and not sure when it is again. i may just resort to the junk yards and find one and rebuild it.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rebuilding them isn't too hard, just take your time with it.

and just FYI, but if you're for sure doing the T56, you might want to change your re-gearing plans to something like 4.56's (for stock 29" tires).

lowandloud91

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
rebuilding them isn't too hard, just take your time with it.

and just FYI, but if you're for sure doing the T56, you might want to change your re-gearing plans to something like 4.56's (for stock 29" tires).

Thats good to know, I heard they wernt. I've never rebuilt a tranny, but figured hey why not learn something new. And its not my daily driver anymore so I can take they time I need to do things. Plus, I enjoy doin stuff like that, I think itd be fun.

As far is gearing and tires, I have almost 27" tires. I believe they measured just past 26 3/4" when I measured them. Its dropped pretty low so I went down smaller height on tires. Think that size would be ok with the 4.11s??

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh, yeah with 27 inch tires you might be okay with 4.11's, I have a gear ratio calculator you can use to compare several gears with on here somewhere let me find the link. I'm running 28.8" tires and have 4.88's with my T56.

edit - that spreadsheet is here in post #7. you'll have to download the zip file for it...I'm in the process of making a web version for my site but until then this will tell you what you need to know.
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?194-Gear-ratio-for-dummies&p=4864&viewfull=1#post4864

lowandloud91

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh, yeah with 27 inch tires you might be okay with 4.11's, I have a gear ratio calculator you can use to compare several gears with on here somewhere let me find the link. I'm running 28.8" tires and have 4.88's with my T56.

edit - that spreadsheet is here in post #7. you'll have to download the zip file for it...I'm in the process of making a web version for my site but until then this will tell you what you need to know.
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?194-Gear-ratio-for-dummies&p=4864&viewfull=1#post4864

awesome, thats pretty cool, thanks a lot

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no problem, I printed off a bunch of stuff about rebuilding the T56 when I did mine and I just ran across it yesterday. if you want I can try to either find some of the links I used in there for you if you want. it helped out alot when I was trying to rebuild for the first time.