Will Switchback LEDs be a problem if.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had to extend my obs license plate lamp harness for the new bumper and just put it in so I know right where that's at...Did we conclude that this is the same ground for the parking lights? I shall check.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
We haven't confirmed that, but check yours anyway. Clean whatever dirt/dust/mud might be on it (i just took off my shirt and rubbed it off) and that one should be good to go. We still need to find the front ground, if one exists. I think i remember you saying that your skid plates prevented you from following the wires, mine does not have skid plates so if you want, Griffin, i could look around for ya.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Good news! I found THREE grounds that look like they are somehow connected to the lighting in the front end. They are all accessible via the engine bay.

Ground #1. This one goes straight to the engine block from the battery (couldnt hurt to check if its loose or covered in gunk, like mine was a few minutes ago). It is located slightly forward and under the passenger-side headers, arrows indicate where my truck is facing.

You must be registered for see images attach

Closer view...

-----------------------------------
Ground #2 is directly next to the battery, slightly forward from the reel light (assuming your battery is on the passenger side, like mine).

Closer View...

-----------------------------------
Last one is to the left of the fan shroud, on the DRIVER side, close to the opening that leads to the 9006 bulbs.

I'd keep in mind that my truck is a '92 and yours is a '95 so they might not match up exactly, but i hope this helps!

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
On a sort-of related note (to the thread topic), i got my LEDz and flasher in the mail today. LEDz are 24-led 1157 bulbs from autolumination.com (NOT switchbacks :() and flasher is an LED flasher from the same website. The flasher works okay (the click is alot quieter than the stock flasher), and no hyperflash. The LEDz on the other hand.....suck. Lol. Aren't as bright as i'd hoped but they do look cool at night.

Pics:

I plan on getting the 36-LED bulbs that Devs recommended to me within the next week or so.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Griffin - I am all over these grounds come morning. I will let you know if it helps with my issue. These pics look exactly like my bay set up.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah jdyates you the man thank you for those pics and the LEDz look good but I am confused...Why didn't ya order some switchbacks? and is the 1 regular orange bulb on each side and 1 LED type bulb? I know your actual blinker bulb has to be orange. I think I'm about to say F it and order my switchbacks!! :D

Oh and also you got an "LED flasher?" Like the little relay plug in thing...I got mine from autozone it said something about LED on it so I hope it can handle the switch backs and I didn't notice it being any more quiet than the stock flasher.