Will Switchback LEDs be a problem if.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Yeah jdyates you the man thank you for those pics and the LEDz look good but I am confused...Why didn't ya order some switchbacks? and is the 1 regular orange bulb on each side and 1 LED type bulb? I know your actual blinker bulb has to be orange. I think I'm about to say F it and order my switchbacks!! :D

Oh and also you got an "LED flasher?" Like the little relay plug in thing...I got mine from autozone it said something about LED on it so I hope it can handle the switch backs and I didn't notice it being any more quiet than the stock flasher.

Didnt order switchbacks because of the prices on autolumination and i didnt want to trust some cheap eBay switchbacks. And yes, it is one incandescent, one LED in each parking light. Think of the nbs DRL's. And yeah i went ahead and ordered a flasher that eliminates hyperflash due to the very little power drawn for LEDs.

Griffin - I am all over these grounds come morning. I will let you know if it helps with my issue. These pics look exactly like my bay set up.

Good luck to both of you with the grounds, i really hope they help.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
jdyates: YOU'RE KILLING ME!
Those LED's have a cone shape on the end only emitting light in a forward fashion.
For blinkers/running lights you would have to get a SMD which is Side emitting, thus shining light in a more dispersed pattern.... You know I'll bust out some pics LMAO

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
jdyates: YOU'RE KILLING ME!
Those LED's have a cone shape on the end only emitting light in a forward fashion.
For blinkers/running lights you would have to get a SMD which is Side emitting, thus shining light in a more dispersed pattern.... You know I'll bust out some pics LMAO

Yeah i should have thought of that BEFORE i ordered these pieces of crap...How about these:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2x-C...s=63&clkid=2952220128442745956#ht_7572wt_1161

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
jdyates there is one sight I saw the best price on switchbacks @ $15 a piece was the best I could find but I mean you could spend $50 per bulb if you're not careful and looking for the right thing.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Southern Pride: You get that **** figured out?

The parking lights? Yessir although they're very touchy by punching the parking light they will both blink, then I a couple of bumps later only 1 of them will blink but I got them all on and the same brightness so I am fairly happy with just that...It took swapping them out to different sockets and even turning some of them 180 like LED's in the cluster so I dunno what's up with that...These aren't the orange regulars but the silverstar blue ones.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Same deal.

I'll start a thread dedicated to the different types of LED's and what works best where.

Southern Pride: You get that **** figured out?

That will help for n00bs like me.

Griffin, now that you mention bumps f'in with the lights, theres GOTTA be a loose terminal/wire somewhere. I'd start by checking the sockets+wires that are connected to them, then start tracing wire looking for any kinds of rips or whatever.