Worst OBS mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cowl hood.
Only if you need it to fit your tunnel ram.

pilar grab handles
Lifted? I'm cool with it. But if you're not lifted and they're the flimsy chrome ones found on the $5 aisle at Pep-Boys, then no. As a matter of fact, any chrome bling from Pep-Boys is a solid "No."

bro-dozers and mall crallers/pavement princess/trailer queens
Jacked up trucks that never see mud are just male enhancement pills in metal form. If it's a truck, use it for trucky things.

Any performance mod with “stage” in the name, with the exception of some cams.
"Because I saw it on Gran Turismo!"

ad ghost trailer puller to this list as well
I leave my trailer hitch in place 24/7/365. I'm in Oklahoma and it's a given. We use our trucks for trucky stuff.

Using screws instead of door panel clips
The clips are cheap! You just have to know where to get them. Here's your link. Now that you know, I'm free to junk punch you if I see you putting screws in.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NE7TJ8/

any wheel over 24 x 14
See "bro-dozers" above.

My additions:
Flowmasters on stock size pipes and stock cams.
Truck nutz
Pulling a 350 to LS swap. I'm okay with LS swapping a 4.3 or a 305.
Super bright LEDs. Turn down your dash lights and observe the road. If you have to light the world, you suck at driving.
Euro/ricer/chrome/clear taillights. The stock taillights on our trucks are supremely classy and clean in design. Bling doesn't improve them.

Aqua-pig

Reaction score
IMHO gmt800 tow mirrors or whatever XL bolt on mirrors the children are slapping on their rigs nowadays. Looks soooo ridiculous, like dumbo ears on your doors. It’s a fad that’ll go the way of all the other cringy pop mods like blue lights and euro clear/red dot taillights.

Oh and under glow on a lifted pickup that just crawled off the farm. Suspension is like skivvies show them off if they’re clean and flashy but don’t draw attention if they’re busted and muddy. (Let the record state: I lean more towards farm trucks then chromed out show trucks)