Will header from 85 Chevy fit 91 tbi motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i found a set for 100$ but they came off 85 model. Just seizing if anyone here can help me out before wasting my money.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They will fit the engine. Are they on a 2WD and are you putting them on a 2WD or from a 4x4 to a 4x4? if so, then they should work.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The steering linkage should not be an issue, you can see in my pic, that there is a lot of room. I have a set of Summit shortys on my 97. Now I admit that my headers, are for my truck, but I also know that the exhaust ports on all 350s or 5.7L are all the same. Only the intake ports and intake layout changes in a vortec 1996 up. Here is a pic of my headers, installed in my truck, and a link to the headers on Summits sight for a TBI. If the headers you are looking at, look like these, you should be good to go. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g9014/applications/?page=2
You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The bung on the side of the header on my truck is for the EGR valve. I am sure that a 1985 would not have this, and I think a TBI wouldn't have it ether, but I am not 100% on that.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Before you nstall them, clean & paint them with some VHT header paint. That paint is the bomb. It will hold up.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before you nstall them, clean & paint them with some VHT header paint. That paint is the bomb. It will hold up.
But.... do not forget to follow the instruction.... you need to bake them to cure the paint in a sequence... I used my house oven...lol... smelled a bit but hey, I'm single so no one there to complain about it....lol... I have the same headers on my 94 4x4 and no issues with burn off of any coating/paint... the VHT stuff is great....

sent from what use to be a great country...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers