When you reach a fork in the road, take it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonyM

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swapping the 454 out for a 5.3 in my shitbox was the best thing I ever did. Drivability went up 10 fold, fuel mileage more than doubled, and the get up and go dramatically improved. My truck is just a cruiser, doesn’t really tow anything, and it for having fun. I don’t need big gas sucking power. I was considering going with a 6.0 but I found a 2005 truck with 158,000km that was smashed and got the whole thing for $1000. All I HAD to buy were mounts, fuel pump and made my own lines. Also reworked the harness myself. I used the e fans, pedal, tac module etc all from the donor.

But this is just my experience. Everyone else’s may differ
You must be registered for see images attach

Badwolf

Reaction score
Then, I could roll coal though suburban Maryland. lol. The resultant peal clutching pandemic would almost make it worth the trouble. Haha My end goal is a lowered cruiser/hot rod. Just want enough power to bark the tires now and again and to get that thrown back in your seat feeling when I stomp it.
As a fellow suburban Marylander there is enough of that already....please no diesel

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just to add in here:

My ‘07 burb is an LY6 powered 6.0 with the 4L80E, and clocks in at 6950lbs. As others have stated it is a total dog under 3k rpm’s. Above that it scoots pretty good. But 0-20mph it is SLOW.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Just to add in here:

My ‘07 burb is an LY6 powered 6.0 with the 4L80E, and clocks in at 6950lbs. As others have stated it is a total dog under 3k rpm’s. Above that it scoots pretty good. But 0-20mph it is SLOW.

4.10s or 3.73 gears?