Wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those don't look bad Robert. Why are you wanting spacers though?

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't get spacers made from 6061-T6. You're much better off getting some that are 7075-T6. Just a guess, but I'll bet you the more expensive spacers are made from 7075, not 6061.

6061 is alloyed with magnesium and silicon. 7075 is alloyed with zinc and copper which = REALLY strong. It has damn near twice the max tensile strength of 6xxx series (83k psi vs, 42k psi). It also dissipates heat better than the 6xxx series Aluminum. Bottom line: 6061 will work, but I wouldn't put it on my truck. 7075 is the strongest aluminum alloy you can get. The only downfall is that it isn't really weldable.

Sorry for the lesson. Just giving you the facts.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't get spacers made from 6061-T6. You're much better off getting some that are 7075-T6. Just a guess, but I'll bet you the more expensive spacers are made from 7075, not 6061.

6061 is alloyed with magnesium and silicon. 7075 is alloyed with zinc and copper which = REALLY strong. It has damn near twice the max tensile strength of 6xxx series (83k psi vs, 42k psi). It also dissipates heat better than the 6xxx series Aluminum. Bottom line: 6061 will work, but I wouldn't put it on my truck. 7075 is the strongest aluminum alloy you can get. The only downfall is that it isn't really weldable.

yea I hear ya man...I work with aluminum/silicon alloy as well as aluminum/copper alloys....and Ive worked with my fair share of mag and zinc..not as those particular alloys though. They are all quite hard when mixed. We have to heat them to work them or they will shatter like glass when struck by the machine.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
yea I hear ya man...I work with aluminum/silicon alloy as well as aluminum/copper alloys....and Ive worked with my fair share of mag and zinc..not as those particular alloys though. They are all quite hard when mixed. We have to heat them to work them or they will shatter like glass when struck by the machine.

Yup. 7075 machines like a dream though!

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score

No problem.......if I'm going to do this I want it done right!!!

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Just want you to be safe. Would they work? Maybe. Would I have full confidence in them? NO