Whats the best option??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind just goin 1.5" crank if thats all I end up able to get safely. I'll be doin it slowly & watching my angles for sure. Time to search for the cheapest iron 1" rear block kit.

Your truck sits perfect IMO, eventually thats exactly the height I'd like. I dig the tow mirrors on a truck with a stance like yours, I want a set but feel like they are outta place when the truck looks as stock as mine, LOL. Eventually I'll slap a 2" cowl on her too. I have always loved how they look on the OBS trucks.

Thanks buddy in case you're curious I have 8" of lift up front including crank (where it matters) and a 5.5" block out back but in reality it only appears to sit up an inch or so higher in the front...That's why I stress having more inches in crank than inches in the block size because a truck that truely looks to be sitting level always has a little more lift in the front than the back because the front settles and the back is pretty stiff and also because these trucks are already have a texas rake from GM from day 1 so in order to truely be level usually it's just cranking the front up and leaving the back but yes I agree about the tow mirrors it's all about having a wider than stock tire/wheel setup to run them or a HD look.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also mike when you're cranking just be sure to start with the wrench pointing the same direction (lets say west) on each bar, then I always give it two full clockwise turns at a time and make sure you end up at the same place, but you may want to level up the driver and passenger side before you start with that...I have heard to give the driver's side a little more to make up for when you get in the truck but I honestly don't think it makes too much a difference.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Here are my current measurements:

driver front: 34.5"
driver rear: 35.25"

Pass. front: 34.75"
Pass. rear: 35.5"

This puts me about 1" higher in the rear, so if I crank the front 1.5" I'll be about 1/2" higher in the front, throw a 1.5" block in the rear & I'll be 1" higher in the rear. If by some chance I get 2" out of the front without bad angles that would be ideal honestly. Then I'll slap a set of 33's on it & call it good. If I want more after that I'll do what southern suggested and add a small 1.5-2" body lift.

Edit: Just found a 1.5" cast iron lift block kit for $68 shipped from suspension connection, thats about as cheap as I have found unless you guys know somewhere cheaper.

You may be able to get 2" of crank out of it, but really if all you want to do is run 33's you dont need anything in the back, and 1" crank in the front would do it. but for 68$ thats some cheap lift.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Thanks buddy in case you're curious I have 8" of lift up front including crank (where it matters) and a 5.5" block out back but in reality it only appears to sit up an inch or so higher in the front...That's why I stress having more inches in crank than inches in the block size because a truck that truely looks to be sitting level always has a little more lift in the front than the back because the front settles and the back is pretty stiff and also because these trucks are already have a texas rake from GM from day 1 so in order to truely be level usually it's just cranking the front up and leaving the back but yes I agree about the tow mirrors it's all about having a wider than stock tire/wheel setup to run them or a HD look.

I never actually noticed that your that much higher in the front. looks good.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You may be able to get 2" of crank out of it, but really if all you want to do is run 33's you dont need anything in the back, and 1" crank in the front would do it. but for 68$ thats some cheap lift.

I just think the rear block will help the truck "look" bigger once cranked & 33's are added cause I'll gain a little from the tires as well. I know for clearance its not required for those tire sizes. I guess maybe thats a little confusing. I'm not goin for tire fitment or I'd just crank the front & let it ride. But at the same time I dont have the funds for a good 4-6" lift, so to get me by & set me up a little higher than stock I'm goin this route.

As of right now looks like I'll order that 1.5" kit & crank the front, then in December add the 33's. Between now & then I'm gonna try to get a set of fender flares off ebay, no way I'm payin $400 for some damn ABS plastic, thats crazy.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well right now I'm running the 265's on stock Z71 16's since they have good tread, but in December I get a bonus & I'm grabbing a set of 285 Duratrac's. Those are the style of flares I'm lookin for too, not sure if I'll be able to find any ebay specials on that style though. I mainly just want to get up a little higher & make the truck "look" bigger than it is for now. Eventually I'm goin with those mirrors as well, I love those.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
HEZSUS I've been contemplating buying those exact flares you have. I think the bolt hole effect would match my beadlocks perfectly. Where did you get them if you don't mind me asking? And also you need to tint them corners till they're BLACK!!!

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
HEZSUS I've been contemplating buying those exact flares you have. I think the bolt hole effect would match my beadlocks perfectly. Where did you get them if you don't mind me asking? And also you need to tint them corners till they're BLACK!!!

They are cheapo ebay flares, the plastic looked like crap when i got them so i covered them in bedliner to match my rockers. turned out real nice. i'll find a link for ya.. they were only like 250$ for the set of 4 and they are fairly sturdy. your truck would look sick with them!

Also yeah, i do need to tind them more.. i wasent 100% dedicated at the start thats why they're like half dark, tails are the same.. but black on the edges andyou can see a lil bit of the red in the center.. dono if i like them either yet.