Whats the best 6" lift kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigandTall

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not concerned with how tall my tahoe is compared to the next guy as much as I just want the truck to look big and beefy.(Does that make sense?) When looking at the length and width of these trucks, I think they sit far too low from the factory.

Do you happen to have any side profile shots of the truck with the 4" lift on it?

I have also noticed that no matter how much lift is on a truck that the wrong tires will kill the look the owner is going for. If I put a more aggressive tread tire on the truck with a 4" lift, I think it could actually make it look tougher than it would on a 6" lift with street tires.

BigandTall

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me, the truck below is perfect. IMHO, it has the correct height to length ration making it look "beefier". This is really the look I had in my head when I started looking into all of these lift kit options. If a 4" lift could get me to this point using knobby tires, I'd be ok. I know if I try to add large diameter tires to a small lift, I will wind up cutting plastic and getting into clearance issues with turn radii.
You must be registered for see images attach

If I were to come up with a "dream come true" idea of what my truck would look like, It'd be that type stance with a set of these
underneath.

Maybe this little bit of information will help you guys see into my mind enough to know what my motivation and dream is.

Last edited:

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
To me, the truck below is perfect. IMHO, it has the correct height to length ration making it look "beefier". This is really the look I had in my head when I started looking into all of these lift kit options. If a 4" lift could get me to this point using knobby tires, I'd be ok. I know if I try to add large diameter tires to a small lift, I will wind up cutting plastic and getting into clearance issues with turn radii.

If I were to come up with a "dream come true" idea of what my truck would look like, It'd be that type stance with a set of these
underneath.

Maybe this little bit of information will help you guys see into my mind enough to know what my motivation and dream is.

I have km2's! They came on the truck I just bought and only have 3,000 miles on them, they do great in the Snow!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These help? 4" with 305 buckshot mudders, no trimming of anything, 41" fender heights

BigandTall

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! That's a sharp looking truck. You guys have really driven home the fact that RCX kits are the way to go.

Now I just have to get a whole lot of measurements to make sure that I can get my truck out of the garage once I put the lift kit on it. I may have to get a set of those car casters and roll it out of the garage on those before putting the tires on.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine still goes in my garage once I take the cb antennas down. Probably has 4-5" clearance on the roof an 2-3" on the back rack. I think my door is 8' tall but I'll have to measure it....

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Another for RCX, I love my 4 inch RCX with 33/12.50/r17

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
These help? 4" with 305 buckshot mudders, no trimming of anything, 41" fender heights

Your wheels set this thing off. Looks awesome man

Sent from my Ragged Out Z71

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Look at the link he posted clearly shows knuckles/spindles in the picture.... :confused:

No tell width increase though, and you gain some clearance.

I've had both, and the BDS is a stout kit. Apples to apples, if BDS didn't deal to us, I would have gotten another RCX.

~Via Mobile

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I know you got the side pics already but I'm going to ***** mine out a little more haha

Here is a pic I have of mine cranked to six next to my buddies set at four inches on stock wheels and 285/75/r16s