K3500 LIFT KIT/;EVELING KIT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a K3500 1999 GMC Four Door Long Bed. I am wanting to put a 3" lift/level kit on it what it the best to go with and what are some does and don'ts. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure 3” is just keys and a block in the rear? If so, most people will say that is not the right way to lift these trucks. You’re better off getting a true lift kit which is Healy 4”-6” of lift and running it at 4”.

Sharp truck.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any lift kit that has blocks is just 1/2 a$$ing it in my opinion. Find some lifted leaf springs or find a shop that can make some up. Deavers I believe is one such company that builds them.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with blocks. If it rides nice, a block won't effect the ride. Changing springs will. But for 3" or so just crank the bars some. But depending on what size tires want to run, don't have to crank much. I had true 33s w/H2 wheels on my truck, and fit perfect. I can't remember if I even touched the bars....

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with blocks. If it rides nice, a block won't effect the ride. Changing springs will. But for 3" or so just crank the bars some. But depending on what size tires want to run, don't have to crank much. I had true 33s w/H2 wheels on my truck, and fit perfect. I can't remember if I even touched the bars....
I should "readjust " my statement about blocks. Going a few inches is ok, heck I think my megacab came factory with them. But if you start getting silly with them, say in excess of 3"-4" is when it would start to get me nervous.
I've seen some pictures of blocks stacked on blocks that made me wanna hurl!!! Lol

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blocks will create leverage between the axle and the spring pack causing spring bind in both acceleration and braking, the higher the block the more leverage. Whereas you can get the same tension spring leaf with a greater curve set into it that will lift the truck without altering the compression rate of the spring pack.