Whats the best 6" lift kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigandTall

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking around for different lift kits and I've found a few that I like. I found a Rough Country Kit and there is also a BDS Kit. While the two kits are $1,000 apart on price, I find it hard to compare apples to apples because the BDS kit comes with SO much more than the Rough Country kit does. Does anyone have experience with the BDS kit? I've seen several different users on here that have the RCX kit while searching on this topic but I didn't find any that had the BDS kit.

Are these 2 kits opposite ends of the spectrum or is some company just trying to pull a fast one on us? The BDS kit has new LCAs and lift springs for the rear leaf packs plus it advertises including all of the relocating tabs for the brake lines and all of the minutia that is normally overlooked until you're elbows deep in trouble. The RCX kit also requires me to buy a crossmember bracket since my truck is 4 door, whereas the BDS kit already contains this bracket.

I only want to spend the money once on this stuff so I'd like to get all the info up front on what to expect.

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
Black Diamond Superlift! I just bought the truck and the torsion bar keys aren't cranked yet ill post pics when I do. :)
You must be registered for see images attach

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
BDS has good reviews. Rcx is best bang for your buck. You should probably be aware that the rcx is not a true 6" lift, you crank up the torsion bars to get 6". Im not sure about the bds, but I think its a true 6" drop kit. I run Pro Comp and I have been happy with it. The new pro comp Kits are all updated with new style parts which fix all the issues you might have read about them. Pro Comp kits have been around for a long time and I trust the design. Stay from zone because the quality is bs.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Superlift has been around for a long time also. Its a true 6" and has good reviews.

If you can prove you own the pro comp kit, they have a good warranty as well. I got my new stly rear cross member for free under warranty after it cracked on me. I have abused my truck a lot so keep that in mind also.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might want to check but with the BDS lift having knuckles it might increase your track width up front. I'm very happy with my rough country lift. Even though its not a true 6" drop you can still crank it higher than 6 if you want.....

cochino12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hard to beat the BDS warranty, especially if you plan to wheel your truck. I compared the bds with rcx side by side and the BDS seemed much "beefier" (lack of better word haha), but RCX has some pretty good reviews lately too. I don't think you can go wrong either way but if you plan to beat on the truck the no questions asked warranty is great.

I ended up with a BDS because I got a great deal on it.

Last edited:

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
For a street truck that sees offroad (not stricly a trail rig, I mean), RCX is the way to go. The price is right, they're kits are basically bolt-on, and are pretty well proven by now.