What was GMs intended purpose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just thought about the vent that is under the steering column. What its it for other than what I think its for? It doesn't point down far enough to be for your feet and its perfect level with the seat. So my conclusion is that its a ball warmer and cooler. But I am curious if it was in any brochures about what they called it.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I just thought about the vent that is under the steering column. What its it for other than what I think its for? It doesn't point down far enough to be for your feet and its perfect level with the seat. So my conclusion is that its a ball warmer and cooler. But I am curious if it was in any brochures about what they called it.

That is exactly what i use it for lol

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think its more of a supplemental vent since the center ones are so far over, but it sure seems to help with what you said

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
They put it there to p!ss me off when I remove the knee bolster.

Just like that damned park brake release...:mad:

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
95-98 99-00 OBS models not sure if previous ones did

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Those have been around for awhile. I think the first time I noticed those vents was in my grandparents 79 Olds 88. I think my 69 Buick has them too. I don't know when they first apreared.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Im pretty sure the old interiors have um