What trans builder?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bullas1022

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which aftermarket trans builder is the best? Looking to buy a trans for my 1993 FS Blazer so I'm lookin for a 4l60e that can handle around 300-350 Hp. I'm planning on putting a stroker in it next year but I need a new trans be cause I lost reverse and I can't afford the down time being that its my daily driver I need it to be able to go in and out in a day or two max. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Somebody local so they do the installation, preventing them from blaming any failures on your installation job. And, so that you don't have to ship it back and forth for any warranty issues.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Somebody local so they do the installation, preventing them from blaming any failures on your installation job. And, so that you don't have to ship it back and forth for any warranty issues.

Richard

X2.

Go to the mechanic you trust most in town, preferably someone who is very smart and well-versed in high performance vehicles. Ask him where he'd go for a transmission rebuild if it were his own car. There's your answer.

bullas1022

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Dads a mechanic so its hard to trust anyone else's opinion but he doesn't work locally and he doesn't know a builder by him

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which aftermarket trans builder is the best? Looking to buy a trans for my 1993 FS Blazer so I'm lookin for a 4l60e that can handle around 300-350 Hp. I'm planning on putting a stroker in it next year but I need a new trans be cause I lost reverse and I can't afford the down time being that its my daily driver I need it to be able to go in and out in a day or two max. Any input would be greatly appreciated
Pfff I drove with no reverse for 4 yrs.....

bullas1022

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I could deal with it for awhile but its annoying pulling a trailer with no reverse and winters coming. I've been driving it like this sense November so its not like I'm not used to it