What to do with your hitch if you have a body lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have heard that a Reese type hitch from a suburban will work if you relocate your rear bumper with a body lift. Can anyone confirm this? Also I've tried to flip the brackets side to side on my bumper but they will not work without modifying them more and possibly drilling the frame. Any one have any experience with this? It's for a k2500 8600gvw.
Thank you.

rsparhawk

Reaction score
We put a hitch off a Tahoe I am parting out on my neighbors body lifted truck. Closed the gap up nicely. I am sure the suburban is close to the same type, looked them up and a Tahoe and suburban take the same part numbers.

ray_z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a hitch off of an Escalade on mine. I had to drill a few holes though. Tucks in nice but the hitch does not go all the way out to the end of the bumper. I had to add an extension receiver.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
I put a hitch off of an Escalade on mine. I had to drill a few holes though. Tucks in nice but the hitch does not go all the way out to the end of the bumper. I had to add an extension receiver.
Could you get a pic of that when you get a chance? I'd like to see how far in it is.

ray_z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the pic of the Escalade hitch. It is tucked way up in there. As you can see, I had to put an extension receiver on it to bring it out past the bumper. When ever I'm not towing I just pull it out and everything is hidden nicely.

You must be registered for see images attach

SierraVortec

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes^^ i confirm all the above statements, i put a tahoe hitch on my last 2" body lifted truck