Do body lifts make it harder to work under hood?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi guys! This may be an odd question and I’ve never heard anyone talk about it before. But if you have a body lift, does it make it harder to work on the engine?

My logic: since the fenders and grill will get lifted 2-3 inches higher, but the engine doesn’t get lifted with it, its now harder to reach the engine, as it basically got “sucked in deeper” into the engine bay by 2-3 inches

I ask because i am considering a body lift in the future for my truck, but I don’t want underhood jobs like spark plugs and other repairs to become more annoying if the body lift does that.

For those who have body lifts installed, does it make a difference at all? Thanks!

Yeedonkey

Reaction score
Hi guys! This may be an odd question and I’ve never heard anyone talk about it before. But if you have a body lift, does it make it harder to work on the engine?

My logic: since the fenders and grill will get lifted 2-3 inches higher, but the engine doesn’t get lifted with it, its now harder to reach the engine, as it basically got “sucked in deeper” into the engine bay by 2-3 inches

I ask because i am considering a body lift in the future for my truck, but I don’t want underhood jobs like spark plugs and other repairs to become more annoying if the body lift does that.

For those who have body lifts installed, does it make a difference at all? Thanks!
i was wondering this too
oredered one today will post back with results

Yeedonkey

Reaction score

Honestly I think its better with the lift
Definitely better for working on the underside and for transmission swapping

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m a taller guy so I don’t think I’ll need to worry about that. How is engine bay access after the body lift?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m a taller guy so I don’t think I’ll need to worry about that. How is engine bay access after the body lift?
Easier. Spark plugs are simple through the body to frame gap. More clearance for pretty much everything. The only downside is now the frame is so exposed under the cab that you're now driving framezilla.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Easier. Spark plugs are simple through the body to frame gap. More clearance for pretty much everything. The only downside is now the frame is so exposed under the cab that you're now driving framezilla.
Mines a 2wd so the frame wouldnt stick out nearly as bad as the 4wd trucks.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The question now is, what’s my best option for the body lift? I know the RC 3” is pretty popular, and I’ve seen some other 2” kits out there, but those usually don’t have rear bumper brackets.