Do body lifts make it harder to work under hood?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pressureangle

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! This may be an odd question and I’ve never heard anyone talk about it before. But if you have a body lift, does it make it harder to work on the engine?

My logic: since the fenders and grill will get lifted 2-3 inches higher, but the engine doesn’t get lifted with it, its now harder to reach the engine, as it basically got “sucked in deeper” into the engine bay by 2-3 inches

I ask because i am considering a body lift in the future for my truck, but I don’t want underhood jobs like spark plugs and other repairs to become more annoying if the body lift does that.

For those who have body lifts installed, does it make a difference at all? Thanks!
Not if you have one of these.

You must be registered for see images attach

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well having the truck taller at all makes it a pain, I can't speak to body lifts specifically but my 6" suspension lift means I have to get up on a step to do just about anything more than check/fill fluids.