What Tires To Run On Daily Driver?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I am looking to get some tires for my new(to me) 91 silverado 2wd with my tax money. I am only looking to spend round about 400-425 max.

I am looking to get something that can deal with standard indiana snow (couple inches nothing crazy) but I want to retain the awesome ride I have with passenger tires that are on it now, so what's a good tire that's in the middle? I know BFG All Terrains ride pretty well on my step dad's ram, but they make a lot of noise. I may be able to live with that though. Anyone have any suggestions?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I ran bfg a/ts for years on my z71 Loved them I also like firestone tires.Goodyears are ok but they cost to much for what they are imo.

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran bfg a/ts for years on my z71 Loved them I also like firestone tires.Goodyears are ok but they cost to much for what they are imo.

The only reason I haven't already bought a set of BFG all terrains are because I think they may make my truck ride worse and have more road noise than the passenger tires on it now and so I am thinking about keeping these and just buying some snow tires to throw on in the winter time...idk

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
They are for sure loud, and they make the ride a little bit worse, but they give you great traction. And look great.

bwchevyguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These probably aren't aggressive enough for you (although I have run them in the snow a few times and never had trouble with traction), but the set of Hancooks that I have on my truck now are the best tires I've ever had on there. I love them. They're quiet and ride great.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I guess its been a few years since i had the bfg a/t's but they were quite when i had em maybe they changed the design since then. I really like my Yok's but they arent much of a winter tire. but they grip awsome and ride great

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Yea they were real quite but hell we are talkin 10-12 years ago they coudve changed the design since then

BubbaZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have pro comp A/t's on my summer wheels for Bubba and pierllei scorpion at's on my winter wheels both greatt rubber both expensive but good tires..I had my procomps in snow last year and they were great