What sub and amp combo to get.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992door

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will start off by saying i know nothing about subs and amps. I am looking for 1 12. I listen to about everything but mostly classic rock and country. Going to be in a sealed box so what would be the best setup for me. Lookin to spend no more than about 250 on sub and amp

992door

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 99 2 door tahoe. Just looking something to add a little bass. Not looking to be the loudest thing in town or anywhere near it.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you'd be fine with anything from a good single 10" to dual 10" or a single 12". Any of those three are going to be able to give you what you are looking for if you do it right. I'd probably go with a simple sealed enclosure as it is the easiest to make sound good. When you start messing with ports it becomes much more complicated. You can't just throw a port in any box and expect it to sound good.

You might check on craigslist. You have to be careful on craigslist to not get trash but there are some good deals there especially with people trying to dump their systems to pick up a little extra cash with times as hard as they are for many people. If you don't know a whole lot about it though it might be hard to find the good (quality) deals.

Try to stay away from the "cheapie" names like Dual etc. Try to stay with something decent like Pioneer, Rockford, JL Audio, Clarion etc. Those are some of the big names that have some entry level stuff. There are lots of good companies out there but not many of them are quite as mainstream as the four I mentioned above or they are focused on the really high end market.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
kicker subs are great i have 2 10's in our 99 silverado with a sony xplod 1200 w amp it kicks,and my 97 i have a rockford slim box 12 with a kenwood 1000 w amp but the box is real pricey(300+)

Rich32

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kicker subs are great!! Have two aluminum cvr 10's with a Mrp 650 under seat of my 96 sound great! I am gonna go with a custom ported to 35 hertz. I have a downfire sealed box right now. I am going to get a bigger amp for my tens though.