What Should I Do

What Engine Should I Run (please read post first)

• Stock LQ9 With Headers and tune

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • ZZ4/Stock LT4 Cammed 350 Vortec

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badass69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out this thread and included links for swapping a GenIV with DoD into a GMT400, its a lot more work than its worth IMO

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?2133-LSx-swap-with-AFM&p=42464

Yeah no. The whole Canbus comms issue with the 07 + PCM's is a pain. I dealt with this issue with Dodge's similar system on the 08+ Hemi cars. It's the same thing that makes retrofitting a Mygig radio into an 06/07 LX such a PITA. That and really the fact that real world the DOD does next to nothing for fuel economy, I think it's a waste. I will stick with my old school 24X gen 3's for now at least. I really dislike Gm's 6 speed as well..... it's yuck to daily drive with in stock form at least and is my biggest gripe with my 09 2500HD...... among wanting to light the truck on fire...... but I won't go there. Whoever wrote the shift strategy for it should be fired. I often have wondered how this thing actually shifts :

http://www.tciauto.com/products/6x/

But for over $6000 US it should be nice. Who knows though.

Last edited:

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right Now i'm almost certain i'm going to use a Lq4 and modify the Stock harness to work on my truck but if i was to continue to use a 4l60e how would i wire it with a harness thats meant for 4l80e i know that the tune has to be changed but the wiring is where i'm stuck

Badass69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right Now i'm almost certain i'm going to use a Lq4 and modify the Stock harness to work on my truck but if i was to continue to use a 4l60e how would i wire it with a harness thats meant for 4l80e i know that the tune has to be changed but the wiring is where i'm stuck

Reading, reading and more reading. The LS1truck site, Pacificp and others all have the information you need. That and if nothing else this site is quite a resource as well:

www.lt1swap.com

Don't let the name fool you as there is harness pinouts and tips for the LS engines as well. It's all just time and research.