Votes: 113 24.7%
  • 15 to 16

Votes: 105 22.9%
  • 17 to 18

Votes: 53 11.6%
  • 19 or more

Votes: 24 5.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went from 11.4 to 14.6 just by switching to ethanol free this week.
Maybe the further I dilute what ethanol is still in there it'll get even better.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I repost:

WHO IS GETTING 17-18 AND 19+ ON AVERAGE??????

:lol:

Sure ain't me.

Unless you are talking about my 398 whp 454SS :naughty:, but it is some type of freak though. It'll get 17mpg on a straight highway trip. Pull off an exit and sit at a light and the average goes down very quickly. It gets about 9-10 around town. It only got 8 around town and 11 mpg on the highway when new.

I agree that only a 2wd reg cab vortec would even come close and I still would doubt it if completely stock. With the proper modifications it is obtainable on a 2wd. I gotta call Shanigans on someone who gets 17mpg on a 4wd around town. Just not possible with this platform. Even a new, more efficient, lighter truck cant get 17 around town. My completely stock (with a fresh recently rebuilt motor) K2500 Vortec gets 9 mpg around town and with some highway driving mixed in I saw a best of 11mpg. All easy driving. Aint no way no how it would ever see 17-18 mpg.

Maybe we need to see a photo of a gas receipt next to a trip odometer for proof? It'd be tough to know for certain that the receipt is for that vehicle and the odometer was reset when it was last filled up. I would think we have some honest folks on this site though.

Maybe we need a Top Gear UK style economy run on video.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Sure ain't me.

Unless you are talking about my 398 whp 454SS :naughty:, but it is some type of freak though. It'll get 17mpg on a straight highway trip. Pull off an exit and sit at a light and the average goes down very quickly. It gets about 9-10 around town. It only got 8 around town and 11 mpg on the highway when new.

I agree that only a 2wd reg cab vortec would even come close and I still would doubt it if completely stock. With the proper modifications it is obtainable on a 2wd. I gotta call Shanigans on someone who gets 17mpg on a 4wd around town. Just not possible with this platform. Even a new, more efficient, lighter truck cant get 17 around town. My completely stock (with a fresh recently rebuilt motor) K2500 Vortec gets 9 mpg around town and with some highway driving mixed in I saw a best of 11mpg. All easy driving. Aint no way no how it would ever see 17-18 mpg.

Maybe we need to see a photo of a gas receipt next to a trip odometer for proof? It'd be tough to know for certain that the receipt is for that vehicle and the odometer was reset when it was last filled up. I would think we have some honest folks on this site though.

Maybe we need a Top Gear UK style economy run on video.

Well sir, I can tell you I did, but no, I don't have proof. Remember my "average" is not in the city though. If I did, my number would have gone down. But yes, my average was over 18, on a V8 4x4.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Well sir, I can tell you I did, but no, I don't have proof. Remember my "average" is not in the city though. If I did, my number would have gone down. But yes, my average was over 18, on a V8 4x4.

Yeah I've seen it before as well. Its not believable until you see it for yourself :lol:

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're not gonna believe this one....
99 Tahoe 4x4 with 265s and 3.73s. 12-13 around town average, 16-17 highway. One tank though, almost all of it at 45-50 mph, pulled 23.5 mpg. Not making that up.

I think we need to institute a 45 mph interstate speed limit, right?

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen it before as well. Its not believable until you see it for yourself :lol:

It's really not that hard to get good mileage if you have the right setup. Well maintained, light (half ton) and 245s running on 3.42s. You just have to keep your foot out of it
My 3/4 ton isn't nearly as good, but is heavy and has 4.10s. Makes a huge difference.

You're not gonna believe this one....
99 Tahoe 4x4 with 265s and 3.73s. 12-13 around town average, 16-17 highway. One tank though, almost all of it at 45-50 mph, pulled 23.5 mpg. Not making that up.

I think we need to institute a 45 mph interstate speed limit, right?

I don't doubt it.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
with fuel milesge there is just so much to calculate, speed and aerodynamics is such a big part, id love to see the amount of resistance these trucks are creating at 70 miles an hour

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeraldinmendez