Votes: 113 24.7%
  • 15 to 16

Votes: 105 22.9%
  • 17 to 18

Votes: 53 11.6%
  • 19 or more

Votes: 24 5.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
14.4 you suck!! 8.8 via the DIC on the overhead. And that really wasnt driving crazy. Just in town. My 5.7 hates getting the 4L80 turning. Once its rolling I can pull numbers as high as 19 in town at 35-40 mph. But that all gets shot to hell when I gotta stop. :-(

Crewcab Steve.

huh? I had to read that a couple times to understand what you were saying :lol:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
14.4 you suck!! 8.8 via the DIC on the overhead. And that really wasnt driving crazy. Just in town. My 5.7 hates getting the 4L80 turning. Once its rolling I can pull numbers as high as 19 in town at 35-40 mph. But that all gets shot to hell when I gotta stop. :-(

Crewcab Steve.

Is your DIC from an S10? If so it reads low cause its setup for a 4.3l. Do the math youll probably find its 1-1.5 mpg low....

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
i've got the obd2 bluetooth adapter and the torque app on my phone and it says i average about 15.7 with full bolt on

Still waitin on my obd2 adapter to get here from the west coast. I'm so excited for it to get here thats why its taking forever!!!!!!!
The s10 DIC is calibrated different. Are you sure. It seems pretty dead on. Call me crazy.

Crewcab Steve.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still waitin on my obd2 adapter to get here from the west coast. I'm so excited for it to get here thats why its taking forever!!!!!!!
The s10 DIC is calibrated different. Are you sure. It seems pretty dead on. Call me crazy.

Crewcab Steve.

It reads low in mine. The mpg was always reading low if you do the math yourself an the range is off over 100 miles due to the larger tanks in the trucks.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Mines low, like 10 it seems. When i get home from class im going to pull the plugs from the #1 cylinder and the #8 and check them out, see how fouled they are. Gotta do a tune up this spring.

Edit: and this is on a Stock height z71 with a 350. Only things ive dont to the motor is my Custom Cold Air Intake and a K&N Drop In and a Thrush Muffler, And i got a TB Spacer lined up to buy very soon. I'm Doing the ultimate TBI and gettin Shortys and a Offroad Y-pipe and a High Flow cat this summer hopefully.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
Mines low, like 10 it seems. When i get home from class im going to pull the plugs from the #1 cylinder and the #8 and check them out, see how fouled they are. Gotta do a tune up this spring.

Edit: and this is on a Stock height z71 with a 350. Only things ive dont to the motor is my Custom Cold Air Intake and a K&N Drop In and a Thrush Muffler, And i got a TB Spacer lined up to buy very soon. I'm Doing the ultimate TBI and gettin Shortys and a Offroad Y-pipe and a High Flow cat this summer hopefully.

thats the best thing to do is mess around with bolt ons, they have some people who go with crazy ass setups on this forum but just stock setups, then bolt on is the way to go

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would do a tune up ASAP then I would do the cheapest TB spacer you can find, no with the swirly ridges though, then the TBI mods then the headers and just have the exhaust shop fab up a y pipe and all that, way cheaper.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
REALLY hammering around town and interstate today got solid 14- I'm going to try to grandpa the next tank and see how I do