What is this hole???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be there for some reason or not. I didn't remember one being there on buddies truck but never know. I'll have to figure out a way to cover it until I get a cb for the truck this summer. Thanks guys!!

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
Tape (aluminum foil tape), or a rubber grommet will work for this.

Ron Freeman

Reaction score
thanks for all the suggestions guys! i hadnt even noticed the ring around it where there was a mount until one of you pointed it out. ill have to visit the cb shop and get something for it until i get a cb put in.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks for all the suggestions guys! i hadnt even noticed the ring around it where there was a mount until one of you pointed it out. ill have to visit the cb shop and get something for it until i get a cb put in.
Oh....Well.....Just put an antennae in the hole then lol. Tape or whatever til then

wheelman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys. Was cleaning some stuff out of the bed of my truck where ive been doing some engine repairs getting it ready for smog and title transfer after buying it last summer. noticed this hole on top of the cab right behind light. anyone know what its for and where i could get a plug??? im guessing its to allow access to the light wiring since you can see it right at the hole... but the plug was gone...

thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

wheelman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys. Was cleaning some stuff out of the bed of my truck where ive been doing some engine repairs getting it ready for smog and title transfer after buying it last summer. noticed this hole on top of the cab right behind light. anyone know what its for and where i could get a plug??? im guessing its to allow access to the light wiring since you can see it right at the hole... but the plug was gone...

thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

all major cities have places that install 2 way radios for companies.they install antennas and radios.some tow companies have two way radios.check yellow pages or call a big named towing company ask them where they get there radios installed and serviced..Motorola brand used to be used a lot.look up ham radio dealers some of them may have the plugs.i know when law enforcement has their radio equipment removed so they can auction off the vehicle.they have plugs to plug the antenna holes..they come in different sizes.

tinfoil_hat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My dad bought a BLM truck at auction that had three holes like that, each one with a rubber plug in it. He has had the truck for 14 years and they have not leaked or rotted away. He even has snow sit on the roof trapped by the lumber racks for weeks at a time. No leaks. If you are worried about it, put a little bead of 100% silicone around the hole before pushing the plug in.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My dad bought a BLM truck at auction that had three holes like that, each one with a rubber plug in it. He has had the truck for 14 years and they have not leaked or rotted away. He even has snow sit on the roof trapped by the lumber racks for weeks at a time. No leaks. If you are worried about it, put a little bead of 100% silicone around the hole before pushing the plug in.
x2 that's what I was trying to say, when I said put a rubber grommet in the hole. I know that works. I have seen it before.