What year bumper is this???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derbed

Reaction score
I'm replacing grill, headlights, and parking lights on my '94 K1500. So, figured while I was at it, I'd order the right side impact strip and step pad for the rear bumper. LMC p/n's: 32-3341, and 32-3337.
Not even remotely close to aligning the rubber extruded tabs to the square and oblong holes in the bumper for the impact strip, while the step pad is too wide!
You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 95 Chevy, 93 GMC and 98 Tahoe all gave the same OE bumper. This \/ and they are Silverado and Sierra high end. I know the company " FEY " used to produce bumpers very similar to GM.

derbed

Reaction score
The Fey name is still around under the Westin automotive banner. They don't show a parts break down drawing; just trying to sell their bumper complete for $700+
Talked to Fey rep. He claimed that their pads are one-piece.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That looks like it could a be "knock off" bumper, not a OE Gm one
Yep, aftermarket copy. The split top pad, and the painted steel (not chromed) area around the ball mount are the dead giveaways. The OEM bumper has a single piece top pad, is chromed at the ball mount, although this is usually covered with a plastic step pad as well.

Richard

derbed

Reaction score
Yep, aftermarket copy. The split top pad, and the painted steel (not chromed) area around the ball mount are the dead giveaways. The OEM bumper has a single piece top pad, is chromed at the ball mount, although this is usually covered with a plastic step pad as well.

Richard
LMC stock rear bumper parts drawings depict impact strips, top pad, and step pad.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
LMC stock rear bumper parts drawings depict impact strips, top pad, and step pad.
Yeah, the LMC diagram is more of an accurate representation of the OEM bumper. When these trucks were new/only a few years old, there were aftermarket bumpers that were very similar in appearance but slight variations like the split top pad and the ball mount area like I mentioned. I had a few come in on parts trucks and as someone else mentioned a brand name, I can't recall any markings I saw but the differences stood out when compared to OEM. It's not a surprise that parts meant to fit OEM bumpers don't fit the old aftermarket as they weren't designed to be outright copies, just visually similar.

Richard