What does everybody do with their oversized spare?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I dont carry a spare, if my tire blows im going to use my mobile cellular device and call some greasy tow truck driver to flat bed me to my shop or my house because I have free towing.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I dont carry a spare, if my tire blows im going to use my mobile cellular device and call some greasy tow truck driver to flat bed me to my shop or my house because I have free towing.

I also have a generous towing package. CAA platinum. Even covers a rental car until fixed.

But I carry the spare and tools because I can have it changed and be on my way before the rollback even leaves the yard.

Same reason I'm planning a York compressor install.

For me, CAA is there for those big breakdowns or those hard to get out of spots where I can't deal with it "as is".

Everything that I can handle on the spot with what I have on hand, I do.

Its just easier and faster that way....:)

(Actually, this reminds me I have to drop the spare, sandblast the rim and give it a shot on new paint. Rim is a ball of rust from being back there in the road spray for years.)

Last edited:

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I gotta Tire plug Kit and a small compressor, If that doesen't get me out of the jam I got Autoclub (AAA card) card with 3 free tows a year. hasnt failed me yet in 9yrs

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I am the only pickup on here with this. The guy who made it said he had never done one for a pickup before. It's a swing out style, similar to a jeep. Had it for about a year now, love it.

You must be registered for see images attach