What can be done about this flaking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you did a liner you would still have to sand down and eliminate rust, but you wouldn't have to match paint, just liner over the rails. Have seen liner over rails and think it's practical and looks good if done properly.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
If you did a liner you would still have to sand down and eliminate rust, but you wouldn't have to match paint, just liner over the rails. Have seen liner over rails and think it's practical and looks good if done properly.

Sand, clean, clean, clean again, prime, and apply the bedliner.

Do you have a suitable compressor?

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I was going to go over the rails with my stepside until I pulled the liner and realized my bed is complete garbage behind all hope of saving lol.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Takes a whole day of prep, but if you do it right I think it ends up looking really good in the end...
This is what im going to do, when I get around to it lol. What kind of liner did you use?

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you guys for all the help and ideas. I'll see what the body shop says this week but it looks like a liner will be the route I'll go.