Well, here I go again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Well finally get to make some progress with this ol truck. Been working on a front bumper tuck in my spare time lately. But more importantly finally got a flip kit ordered. Picked up 2 inch shackles and shorter shocks last night. Once the flip kit gets here I can finally get out of the nose bleed section! For the front I'm just gonna take a coil off the springs for now. Once my current tires wear out I'll get some smaller tires and will add spindles at that time. So for now I'll be around 3/8 and then 5/8 once I throw smaller tires on and go down a little more. I'll be sure to get plenty of pics for you guys soon enough. :)

Sent from the hoopty!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Last week i got the rear dropped 8 inches, installed some various leds in the cab, did to four corner mod, new corner lights, and some grill inserts. i need to wash it and get some pics. it is absolutely filthy right now.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
A bit more progress I suppose.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from the hoopty!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score

And that's where we sit with it so far. Someday I'll get around to taking some better pics. And more updates here. I have a lot of things in the works just less and less time to post about it lol.

Sent from the hoopty!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Not much in the way of updates. I did recently help my gf dad with his truck. It's the blue c2500 that makes it into pics with mine sometimes, it needed new brakes all around. We did new pads and rotors up front, then full rebuild in the rear (shoes, cylinders, hardware etc) in exchange for my labor he bought me all the parts i need to do a brake job on my truck. Good deal since i would have helped him anyway for free lol. I'm thinking about throwing the 15's back on my truck since the leaking wheel cylinder on mine has wreaked havoc on the painnt on the 22's. while i have them off i'm thinking about stripping them and seeing how they look without paint. As best i can tell from the spots the paint has peeling they look to be a brushed finish. Also planning to finally work on getting my hood painted soon. i have the sprayer and all the supplies just not the time. I work 7 days a week and help my gf with her new business in the evenings. Hopefully i can find some time soon to work on this thing.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Couple pics I took from the brake job on the c2500.

Truth be told the rear probably didn't need shoes since they still had plenty of meat on them. But, we were already there, and already had the parts. The rear weren't working very well and I figure it was the adjusters causing most of that. They were both seized and the shoes weren't tight to drums at all when I slid them off.

Sent from the hoopty!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Side note. I have no clue as to why my phone always loads pics upside down or sideways. Lame.

Sent from the hoopty!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Was gonna do the rear brakes on my truck tonight but couldn't get the drums off. No doubt the shoes have worn a groove in the drums at this point. Tomorrow I'll grab a hardware kit so can bust off the stock shoe retainers and get them off that way. Hopefully it's just being difficult and the drums aren't too bad.

I did however throw the 15's back on it tonight so I can clean up my 22's. The wheel cylinder leaking brake fluid has wreaked havoc on the paint on one of them. So I figured I might as well strip them and see what lies beneath. The brake saga is to be continued another day.

Sent from the hoopty!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Finally got the rear brakes sorted out on my truck.

Replaced drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, and all springs/hardware. I wish it were a tale of immediate success but sadly that's not the case. The old drums wouldn't come off without an epic battle. Then there was a system bleeding mishap. And then basically any other little problem you can think of was present. However I prevailed. Not pictures of any real interest of the brake job, but I did take a few pics that show my truck in it's current state.

Sent from the hoopty!