1966 Chevrolet 300 Sedan "Here we go, again."

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I plan to leave them on or not. I really like the Derby and Disc style caps too. Plan is to shuffle them around on the car until I find a look that I like.

I bought these "Police" caps brand new in the GM boxes for $40 a few years ago.
Hey that's a great deal. I paid $60 for my set that was NOS in boxes...in 1987. I talked the guy down from $80.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Hey that's a great deal. I paid $60 for my set that was NOS in boxes...in 1987. I talked the guy down from $80.

I actually did some research, these caps were available new GM production until 2007.

Leave the wheels Chevy Red and run the highway patrol caps with no rings...done

You are the deal finder-ever, I swear you could fall in a manure pile and come out smelling like roses :Big Laugh:

HAHAHAHA! That's what all of my friends say, too!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Let me paint a picture of irritation and cussing GM engineers......

This car was a factory 6 cylinder car, which is no bueno for mounting a V8 engine, the frame side mounts must be changed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Of course, they're installed using bolts and nuts, which the nuts are accessible via the small area in the crossmember, where the lower control arms install....

Nuts can't do nut things if they're liquid!

I ordered a complete big block frame and engine mount kit, it includes the frame mounts, engine mounts and all associated hardware to install said pieces.

Going through the control arm access holes, I managed to get the nuts installed rather quickly.

Basically ready to install the L33 Aluminum 5.3 and 4L60E tomorrow, so I can haul the car over to the highway patrol to be inspected. That way I can get a title issued for the car, then really turn up the ante on getting this shitbox going.

I swear, GM Engineers will climb over a pile of virgins, just to ******* a mechanic.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
nice 2 door post car! now all it needs is a bench seat and a 4 speed ;-)

Definitely going to stay bench seat in this one. It'll have a 4 speed, too... a 4 speed overdrive automatic. :)

In other news...

Annnd another classic gets ruined with an LS!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
This is going to be a very sweet ride! Can't wait to see what else you have planned for it. Power brake/disc brake upgrade and a turbo (knowing you) in the future for this beast?

I know this is going to sound rather pedestrian, but I'd like to do a mild 5.3, 4L60E, maybe 400hp.

Absolutely front disc, power assist. Plan is to source an oem AC dash assembly.

May fix the body issues, dust in some white paint to kinda make a faux patina.

Fully redo the interior, tint the windows dark and have a nice driver.

Did manage to score a pair of brand new quarters on marketplace this morning. The pair was cheaper than 75% of the new cost of a single quarter.