Well, here I go again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Once again the time has come, to embark on yet another gmt400 adventure. This time to the tune of a 1998 rclb.

Saw the truck one day on the local clist. Texted the guy a few times throughout the day with the normal questions, Mileage, title, drive train etc. He had it listed as a v6 and the body was pretty rough drivers door, drivers fender, tailgate, bed all damaged in some way. Also has tons and a half miles. After careful negotiations I went that evening to pick it up for 400 bucks. Got to the meeting soot handed him the money and went to take off. As soon as I started it I knew it wasn't a v6. Got to the gas station and checked the rpo codes. L31 awesome got a 5.7 instead of a 4.3 sweet. I had originally planned to just flip the truck but since it was a v8 I decided to keep it instead.

So far all I've done is fix some little issues here and there. The upper ball joints were roached, the pitman arm was worn out, a.c. doesn't work (of course) but someone has taking the blend door actuator linkages out so I put some back on it. At least now I can control where the hot air blows. Then I found a cowl hood on the local clist, 50 bucks and my old hood as a trade and it Was a done deal. Then picked up some 22s for next to nothing. Was on a jobsite one day and seen a red wt that was destined for the crusher. Asked the guy about it and picked up a better door, good fender, and good tailgate for it. Same color too! And that's about where I stand with it now. Oh also threw some junk flowmasters I got for stupid cheap on it just make it not so boring to drive. So far I'm about 600 bucks into the truck give or take. And well, that's the new project so far don't really have too many set in stone plans for it yet. Probably going to lower it and change some things up here and there but so far so good.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from the hoopty!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score

Sent from the hoopty!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score

Sent from the hoopty!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score

Sent from the hoopty!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Dean's back! In a 400! Yay!
Sideways pix made my neck hurt. #oldfartprobs.

yeah, stupid phone uploaded them that way. didn't even know the were all askew until just now lol

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
eh the sierra body was straight as an arrow. this truck is slowly getting to be straight, at least it has decent paint (aside from the hood anyway)

it'll get there slowly i suppose. i have so much other stuff going on in my life right now the truck is on the back burner for sure. i mess with it when i do get the time and money though. i really really wanna get it lowered already, i hate how tall it is lol. guess i've gotta get one of these bikes sold so i can put some money into the truck.