water decarbonizing???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reptilla

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i asked this question in another posting i had but thought it should have its own post. what experiences do any of u guys have with water mist decarbonizing?? i am thinking about doing it on my 95 and i hear good things.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
never heard of it but to remove carbon, I have heard give em a drink of water, my old man used to do it, also heard trans fluid, but they make a product for it called seafoam.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if everybody scared to do it. i'll go out and do it to mine but i seafoamed it probably a month ago so might not tell much of a difference

reptilla

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know about the seafoam but also know it fouls plugs,and im pretty positive it wont hurt anything . I was just wondering if it has shown good results for anyone.

reptilla

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
and by "it wont hurt anything" I mean the water wont hurt anything.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
never had seafoam foul a plug in any of the motors Ive done it in. That includes a snowmobile, a diesel, and several different gas 4 strokes

bowtiedude

Reaction score
Well I never tried it on TBI engines but I did it many times on some of my old school rides it does work . One thing to make sure is just a slow trickle while the engine is running. It will cough and "gag" but it will (assuming carbon was an issue) clean it.

Last edited: