WARNING: Viewer discretion is advised.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I I was having starting issues with my truck, it barely wanted to turn over, I figured the battery might be getting weak since it was an older ac delco.
I went ahead and ordered new cables from amazon since the auto parts store only had crappy after market cheap looking cables. I took the optima red top from my 98 and bought another new one, both are 1000 ca and 800 cca batteries and I hooked the dual batteries back up. When I got beneath the truck to in hook the cable from the starter I seen what the issue was. The cable was almost completely arced through. The starter stud was also wasted so I bought a brand new one. Now that baby starts nice! Not sure if the cable was loose originally and caused an arc issue over time or if the starter was getting bad and heating the connection but either way it's fixed now.

Shiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
like this?
You must be registered for see images

i made all of my cables. also ran a wire from the alternator stud to the battery. full juice now. made a world of difference.
Looks awesome! I wonder how it would black on my white truck or if I should body match it?

Shiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I made some brackets to fit inside the frame and use onplce of the tow hooks. Truck didn't look right with factory tow hooks and body lift. Now to add some clevises to the brackets and remove the valance.