Upside down dampers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made a blunder when I fabricated my brackets for the rear shocks on my bagged build. Mounted the shocks upside down. If I flip em over the wont fit in the bracket and will also rubb the bags
Question is,will this affect my damping,will it wear out the shocks premature..... or do I have to tear it all down and do it right?
You must be registered for see images attach

Skickat från min SM-G389F via Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If they're gas shocks, might be OK. If they have any oil in them at all, probably not OK.

Richard

Project400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All shocks gas or otherwise will have oil.
The shim stacks reaction to the oil inside is what creates the damping characteristics.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Duh! Thanks for the correction; I'll try not to use my brain while asleep next time...

Richard

Steve A

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might try contacting the shock manufacturer's tech line and ask if running them like you have them will cause any ill effects.

Shinyrust

Reaction score
The valving in the shocks was designed to be in a certain direction so your rebound may be stiffer but **** it. Run them upside down for a bit if it's that bad cut the lower mount and reweld. Really easy fix right.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk