Turn signal problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if your a cheap skate and want something that works well but doesnt coat anywhere near as much, petroleum jelly (vasoline or generic) works very well for greasing electronics.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
that makes more sense to me and it is something i never thought of. i will mess around and see what happens.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
dielectric grease didn't work but i don't think i cleaned them real well, was kinda in a rush. i will clean them better then try it again.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It may not be the issue.... I just know our 95 C1500 was having a similar issue and the fix was to clean and grease the connector

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
actually last night on my way home from the bar, the turn signal was slow but it worked so maybe i just needed to give it some time. i also greased the connectors. hit every one i could find.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i am going to use this thread for my other problem to keep clutter down

my other problem is that my speedometer does not work. i don't think it is the sensor cause i messed with it and got it to work for a while and it comes and goes now. i have cleaned the plug, replaced the plug cause it felt loose, traced the wires and checked for broken or burned wires, cleaned the ground on the thermostat, and put dielectric grease on the plug and all have done nothing. i am not sure what else to do or check so any info on this will be great. as far as cleaning the inside of the sensor i tried to do that but the sensor will not come out unless i break it so if i want t save anything dealing with pulling that sensor for last cause i will have to buy a new one. any help with this will be great and TIA

as far as turn signal goes i am still messing with that but waiting for tomorrow morning to see if it still works cause it worked last night, i will keep you posted

Hodges87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have a SES light on? The VSS might throw a code. Is your transmission shifting fine? If the VSS is going bad you will have several problems along with the speedometer not working right.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
forgot to mention i have the 5 spd tranny so shifting is not an issue. the SES light does come on after a little bit and the only problems that i have are that the speedometer, odometer and trip meter do not work and when the SES light comes on the motor picks up 1000 RPMs at idle

fun fact: did you know of all these 88-98 trucks that 5% came with any sort of manual transmission. it is cool to have sort of a rare truck but parts are a PITA to track down

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
turn signal is slow but works, i will replace the flasher on payday.

still monkeying with the vss

Shane_o_mac

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you just greased all the bulb sockets for your signals? I am having an issue with my right turn signal as well. My left signal works normal, but when I turn the right one on it is backfeeding into the left signal making it light up dimly. Also when signaling right the dash lights flash with the signal. With the lights on I get no right right signal. Was hoping that you might be able to help a brother out. TIA