Turn signal problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
ok, this issue has me a bit confused. i haven't poked around because i don't know where to begin.

The problem: my right turn signal does not work when it is cold, but when the sun comes out or something then it works fine. i thought the flasher was going bad but that would affect both side instead of one. i thought broken wire but that would not explain why it comes and goes. TIA for any help

92 chev

Reaction score
im assuming the truck is factory stock...if the right side is not working and the left side is ,turn the left side blinkers on ,walk to the back and then to the front see exactly which bulbs are lit and blinking, now turn the right side on and see if the exact bulbs are lit, if one is not lit ,change that bulb do this when the right side is not working, ive seen bulb elements fuse back together after a bump was hit i doult the sun is a factor... then do the signal flasher change, change the correct flasher and not the 4/way flasher

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
all bulbs are good. i will check out the flasher. i don't think the sun is a factor either but i know that the temp is. when it is cold i get nothing and when it is warm it works fine, one of the weirdest things i have ever seen.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i am not going to lie, i am not sure which one is the right flasher. i know it is in the convenience center but is it on the left or right? i looked in the owners manual with no help.

92 chev

Reaction score
turn the 4/way flasher on and listen for the ckicking or touch the flasher youll feel the clicking then hunt for the other one, i really cant tell you location.... been years since i crawled under a dash

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
but once again, why would it work when the sun comes out and warms up and not when it is cold. none the less, i will check it out. thanks for the help

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
condensation in the plug? Take your tail light out, clean the connectors and then use dielectric grease in the female.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a simular problem with my Silvy and after checking a few things I found that the bulb socket was trapping moisture.
I installed a new bulb socket, new bulb with a coating of the electric grease and haven't had a problem since.